[theforum] random thoughts about consensus

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Sat Oct 18 12:03:32 CDT 2008

Right.  And going along with that, the fine art of picking one's
battles.  And always remembering that we are part of the same team.

I've been looking at the old anniversary articles (thanks to archivist
elfur) and the excitement and bonding that happened in the old days when
were 1. building something from nothing
and 2. had a common enemy (the corporate scourge webmonkey, lol)

Much like some of the rock bands I've been in, at some point the early
excitement dissapates, and we tend to turn on each other.  Not all of
us, and not completely, but enough to cause some mighty intertia, and
discouragement amongst the troops. (lol)

"There is no instance of a country having benefited from prolonged
warfare."
http://classics.mit.edu/Tzu/artwar.html

Erika