[theforum] front end ideas/mockup : feedback please

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 21:08:55 CDT 2008

On 24 Oct 2008, at 02:35, Erika wrote:

> throwing another design idea on the fire for you all to comment on.
> *please*  feel free to pick it to pieces. (If I don't like what you
> have
> to say I'll just plug my ears and sing really really loud LA LA LA LA)
>
> http://seastorm.org/evolt-frontend/

Lots of nice stuff in there - it's too late to comment in detail, but
will do.

One thing I'd *really* like is to have a home page that isn't the
articles list (at least, for anon-users) - that really does a good job
of selling what we do (and/or explaining "What *is* this place then?")

Yes, this is exactly what Flickr does. And no, it's not particularly
new. But it's a good thing, and I'm happy to steal it :-)