[theforum] about us draft (& copyright question)

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Tue Oct 28 17:34:53 CDT 2008

Elfur Logadóttir wrote:
> .:| Badly worded, thank you.  But yes, we do claim the right to archive
> .:| posts, don't we?
>
> Nope. This is our exact distinction from mj, and in fact the raison d'etre.

This may language issue.  If evolt publishes something, that is a right.
  As Martin pointed out, it is a right granted by the author, in the act
of posting a list email or an article.

If another site were to mirror our list archive, that could be an issue
for original authors (who only granted the right to evolt to publish the
work, not to the secondary site), but it would not be an issue for us.

Erika