[theforum] evolt.org layout/typography driving me nuts

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 17:33:40 CST 2008

On 10 Nov 2008, at 13:12, William Anderson wrote:

> Erika wrote:
>> William Anderson wrote:
>>> I don't think any of the
>>> three on their own cut it for evolt.org's purposes, they all seem
>>> designed with something of an old-school mindset.
>>
>> Our purposes being?????
>>
>> Sounds to me like we need to do a little old fashioned I.A.
>
> Personally I think we need to stop painting the bike shed and start
> from
> a blank canvas.  Now.  Nut'n like a deadline to invigorate the mind,
> cf
> nanowrimo :)

Funnily enough, that was exactly my thought when producing
weo.easyweb.co.uk; y'all may note that it was actually produced to a
deadline of a design compo...

I'm getting pretty close to the point of getting bored with this, and
just proposing updating it for Drupal 6, and using as is, cos we may
or may not agree that it's ideal for evolt.org's purposes (still yet
undefined, /me notes), and it's now getting on for 2 years out of
date, but it's sure as hell better than we have rn.

(who notes that his update of the weo css breaks a wee bit in IE6 cos
he'd forgotten that yon browser doesn't do max-width and didn't have a
win machine to test it on while doing the work)