[theforum] Funding evolt: responsibility

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 15:38:41 CST 2008

In a slightly calmer mood.

Think of it this way:

If the money we need to continue doesn't come from our members, where
does it come from?

Given that the magic money fairies haven't shown up again, the
responsibility falls on our members.

And we're members => we are responsible.

If US$10 is well within the limits of your daily or weekly
discretionary spend and you're not contributing from time to time,
then be under no illusion that this is a choice of yours.

Please note:
1) "I'm on theforum, so I do plenty" is a cop-out.
2) "I don't like it therefore $unidentifiedmassofpeople won't like it"
is a logical fallacy
3) "I choose not to help, but will complain about efforts to get
anyone else to" is sabotage