[theforum] CSS display issues on about us page

=?utf-8?B?RWxmdXIgTG9nYWTzdHRpcg==?= elfur at elfur.is
Mon Nov 24 08:03:21 CST 2008

On Mon, November 24, 2008 2:20 am, ekm at seastorm.com wrote:
> Elfur,
>
>> .:| look at this page:
>> .:| http://evolt.org/about
>> .:|
>> .:| The size of the headlines, the spacing around the headlines... can
>> .:| you
>> .:| tell from display which headline is which?
>>

>> Why did you nix the h3 tag?
>>

> I have added, or updated, or am updating, approx six pages on evolt.org.
> Still working on it. There will be errors. That is why I have invited all
> admin to edit content when you see an error or opportunity for improvement
>  in any of these new pages.

that's just fine. The surroundings of my comment was that you were
complaining about all headings looking exactly the same, and I noticed
that you were using h2 and h4. Thus, the ones tagged as h4 are looking to
similar to h2, while, if you had used h3 rather than h4, you would see a
difference indeed.
If this was because of an error or the fact that you hadn't yet proofread,
that's fine as well.

>> Even though you don't like the looks of it, you should never loose the
>> semantics of the correct order, right?
>
> That is not how I operate.

well. I thought that we always use the correct structure (semantics) h2,
followed by h3, followed by h4, and changed the looks of each h* rather
than skipping h3 because they don't look good. Do you operate differently?

/elfur