[theforum] Publicity/testimonial in return for free teamworkpm account?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 23:04:24 CST 2008

On 25 Nov 2008, at 12:34, adrinux wrote:

> "What would you guys say to us giving you a free version of the
> Personal Plan (Existing account your on) in return for some publicity,
> testimonial etc?" Dan
>
> So:
> Do we want this?

Yes, provided we're actually gonna *use* it.

> What can we provide in return?

I think it would be absolutely reasonable for us to provide a wee
write-up (aka Testimonial/Reference) of how we found it - and them -
in practise, and for them to be able to use that with potential
customers, which would include highlighting it on their site.

That's very different from both:
*) OTT raving about them - it should be an absolutely fair, accurate
assessment that we can honestly stand behind
*) huge-ass link on weo: ("weo redesign: sponsored by TPM!!!!!")

They wouldn't be trading their services for advertising (ie us saying
what they tell us to); they're trading them for us taking the time to
provide them with our opinions, and allowing them to tell others what
we said.

I also think it would be reasonable in the 'how we did it' article I'm
assume we're going to end up writing to mention that that's how we did
co-ordination, with a link. We should do that anyway, regardless of
free-ness.

> When can we provide it?

When we're done, otherwise we're into the fortune telling game :-)