[theforum] our wiki

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Wed Nov 26 11:29:12 CST 2008

I asked this before but want to ask again, is there a purpose/focus
behind our wiki?

Would it be a good idea to have one?

Could we make it a place to document our processes, and experiments,
failed or otherwise?

I think we need something that is directly focused on evolt structure,
process, projects.  One thing that's become really clear to me also is
that we have a lot of LINKS pointing to us, but not a lot written ABOUT
us (except on our own site)... I'm thinking this may in part be due to
the  dedication it takes to even figure out how we work... I'm thinking
better documentation could be helpful in many ways.

I *think* this is what our wiki is for (documentation); I'm just trying
to make it explicit.

---------------------------------

I got thinking about this reading this (long  but fascinating) article

The Early History of Nupedia and Wikipedia: A Memoir
http://features.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/04/18/164213

The success of Wikipedia as an *encyclopedia* (instead of "just another
wiki") is attributed by the author to be due, in part, to their focus on
  *making* it an encyclopedia (as opposed to a wiki-style collection of
articles n' stuff).

BTW lots of interesting stuff in there about how their online community
and policies formed (from the POV of one of the co-founders).  They seem
to share a lot in common with us in terms of how the community
originated and grew (I'm only about halfway through the article....)

Erika