[theforum] evolt.org history mystery

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Thu Nov 27 21:37:33 CST 2008

ok, first of all, got this link:
http://www.evolt.org/node/39230
September 11, 2002

then, I was back in the archives, reading this memorable thread (yes, I
remember this thread very well, because I was dressed as Tura Satana
which means I had double-d's, hot pants, and some awesome boots.)
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020415/005007.html

Dan had just left, ... for Chile?
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020415/005003.html

when all hell broke loose.  (what? on evolt???)

yes, it was the thread from hell.
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020415/date.html

Then, the archives end.

For like a YEAR.  Now... my recollection is that Dan, at whatever point
he checked back in, entered the fray, and rather quickly "had it," and
left evolt.

This memory is backed up by this article, published only a month later:
http://evolt.org/node/29030
which states that Dan has left.

Seems like 2002 was a huge year of changes for us.  I'm curious though,
what happened to April 2002-March 2003, that we lost our forum archive?

Erika