[theforum] evolt.org admin question

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Fri Nov 28 19:56:30 CST 2008

Elfur Logadóttir wrote:
> Well. One thing to remember is that *that* admin list was everything - it
> was thechat+thesite+theforum+everything else in just one mailing list - we
> discussed our private lives in a way we wouldn't want the rest of the world
> to hear about - in a way shouldn't be heard about beyond close set of
> friends. And we discussed a whole lot of other things in between that
> discussion - even in the same email (at least in the same threads).
>
> So it never was all about the elitism we were accused of, even though it
> probably appeared that way to the ones "on the outside".

FWIW I never accused you guys of being elitist, but because it was a
"selection" process, that's why I sort of tongue-and-cheek used the
term.  I didn't realize it was a sore spot, honestly.

also.  I was on Monkeyjunkies and missed the entire Dan vs. Taylor
episode (it was a pretty high traffic list and I was pretty busy) and
missed the whole thing.   Joined evolt as soon as I knew about it.

My daughter is going to turn 13 w/in days of evolt.org turning 10, btw.
  So she was just turning 3 when evolt began.

> .:| the old forum archives should be an adequate cure for nostalgia.
>
> Of course not, because theforum was used as the battle ground for the war.

Which war would that be?  are we still having a war?  It never seemed
like a war to me, even back then (let's say, April 2002), but man, some
really felt that way. It was hard to have voice an opinion without
someone taking offense or feeling threatened.

FWIW I think it was a *very* smart move to open up the admin process,
and lists.

Erika