[theforum] rethink evolt.org - survey ?

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Thu Dec 4 07:44:46 CST 2008

Jeremy Ashcraft wrote:
> Martin Burns wrote:
>> Also, I think you'll get lots of answers to the simple questions, but
>> very few to the 'help us rethink our site' one.
> Sorry for lurking so much......
>
> I agree here.  That's quite a big question that only can have a big
> answer and may not elicit a lot of responses.  Perhaps a more targeted
> "What do you think evolt can do better?" type of question where short
> answers can be given....
>
> jeremy

Ok one person already responded to the survey and for me to change it at
this point would require dumping that response and I am now back to
Martin's idea, I'm going to leave question #9 "the big thinking
question" and flag it in communications.

I think that the important thing is not quantity, but quality as far as
that question goes. (Still, we might be surprised.)

Since it's a relatively short survey, and *all* the questions are
optional, those who want to do the big thinking, can, and those who
don't, don't need to.  Those who have already taken time to respond to
this issue have actually had some really worthwhile ideas, anyway.  I'm
going to do my best to make sure ALL ideas are collected.  I'm already
seeing a discernible pattern and I'm thinking that will only grow more
clear.

You know... as a general thing... I feel while evolt.org in the past may
have gotten beyond itself in some ways, maybe grown too fast for our
organizational abilities, taxed out our resources... currently I'm a bit
surprised at how small we tend to think.  Limits are important, but when
limits are the first thing that come to mind, it's near impossible think
"outside the box" and/or to create something as revolutionary as our
"brand" promises.

Erika