[theforum] donate link

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Sun Dec 14 22:33:56 CST 2008

David Kaufman wrote:
> Hi Erika,
>
> "Erika" <ekm at seastorm.com> wrote:
>> yikes.  this hasn't been updated since 2002.
>> http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt
>
> Actually 2002 is when the article was originally *posted*.

Sorry... that idea occurred to me after the fact.

> But I don't know if Drupal even *can* publish a simple static page

Right here: http://evolt.org/about

It doesn't have a byline and photo, though in the admin area, I show up
as author, also and unfortunately, I believe it shows up on the "track
user" link for me. (I've complained about the info that shows up, and
how it shows up, on these track user links before.)

If I knew the evolt.org meta user login, I'd have used it instead of mine.

I looked for, but could not find a way to turn off the comment form.  I
hope that is changed in the new version of Drupal.  FWIW that's been one
of my biggest gripes w/ WordPress as CMS also... the inability to easily
turn off comment forms (haven't upgraded to 2.7 yet, don't know if it's
changed.)

> doesn't have a) a byline and photo, b) a "posted" date or c) a feedback
> form at the bottom that encourages years of (mostly just distracting)
> crufty comments to accumulate beneath the content of the page...

I feel that all this rethinking is well and good, and some good ideas
are coming, but I'm coming back to the feeling that as a first step, we
really just need to get the f*cking site running in Drupal 6.6 with new
front end.

Not to mention, so far, there have not been a lot of suggestions for
radical changes.  If we came up with a simple flexible template, we can
potentially make it extensible.

Erika