[theforum] user id's - can they be openID?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Dec 22 11:49:51 CST 2008

On 22 Dec 2008, at 16:30, Erika wrote:

> A couple of people have suggested making evolt.org user accounts
> compatible with other user accounts (I assume things like openID).
>
> It seems like a good idea; is it feasible?

Already supported in Drupal6:
http://drupal.org/node/310977
http://walkah.net/blog/walkah/drupal-6-and-openid

Historically, Drupal has always been really good at cross-site
identities - you could have users on Drupal site A be users on Drupal
site B from as far back as I remember (ie about v4.5 or so), and has
had authentication against Jabber, LiveJournal, Blogger and LDAP
integration for a while.