[theforum] WYSIWYG Editor

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 14:14:50 CST 2009

On 30 Jan 2009, at 15:25, Sarah Adams wrote:

>> Of course it could be done, but I think
>> 1) Our author audience wouldn't see HTML writing as a barrier
>> 2) It's an idiot filter - if you can't write HTML, or work out the
>> 'filtered HTML' option, then the chances of you being able to
>> submit something worthwhile are pretty slim
>> 3) Need to be convinced that wsiwyg editors cope with inline code
>>

> I wouldn't assume that all author's write HTML - what about IA
> experts,
> graphic designers, etc?

See, I would - we're not talking deep J2EE here... we're not talking
the skills to put together (or even use) jQuery. If you claim to be a
worker of the web, and can't even write basic HTML, then you're making
false claims imo.

And if you can't even work out the 'filtered HTML' that puts the most
basic of <p> tags in, then I really do not think you're part of our
audience.

I do not believe we're a resource for *that* level of HTML tuition. Or
should ever be.