[theforum] Cut Over

Dean Mah dean.mah at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 09:20:05 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I think that we should start making arrangements for a cut-over to the
new machine in October.  I'm not sure how much or little notice we
need to give the hosting provider to decommission tempest, but we
should make sure that we have everything ready so we do not incur
another monthly bill on two servers.

As far as I know, css-d has transitioned to tron successfully.  The
site has been running on tron and the usual list of spammers are
subscribing for accounts and posting comments, and thanks to aardvark,
we're getting and approving new content.  Regardless of the status of
any other the other sub-sites, I think we should cut-over and pick up
any of the pieces afterward.

Dean