[theforum] Cut Over

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Thu Sep 30 11:09:15 CDT 2010

Hi William,

On 9/30/2010 4:01 AM, William Anderson wrote:
> I can't find the beo archive.  Where is everything?  I can find the beo vhost, but where is the data that was in /wherever/vhosts/were/on/tempest/archive.browsers.evolt.org ?  This is why beo is throwing an error.
>
> Where are the old files from tempest?

Sadly, I thought you had migrated BEO to tron already and I did not
transfer any BEO files from tempest.

> Is tempest completely shut off or can we still get into it?  (I note my home dir is completely empty)

It is gone.  When you cancel a server they format the drives first thing.

> On a security note, why is root's home dir chmod'd 755?!

I think all home directories (even root's) are world readable on
debian-based distro's.

So what have we lost?  The whole browser archive?  The downloadable
browser files themselves?

Do we have an offsite backup of these somewhere, perhaps, hopefully, on
the UK mirror you mentioned?

-dave