[thelist] custom 404 not used with .shtml addresses

Daniel J. Cody dcody at oracular.com
Fri Jun 30 09:58:37 CDT 2000

George -

Make sure your custom error message for the .shtml pages is larger than
512 bytes. IE will display its own 404 page if the server's is less than
half a K. Once its over that limit, IE will do the rigth thing and
display the server 404.

There is also some advanced option tab in the IE preferences that has
something to do with 404's, although I can't think of it offhand

.djc.