[thelist] Prevent people from using your graphics

Jeremy Ashcraft ashcraft at 13monkeys.com
Mon Jul 3 11:05:21 CDT 2000

create a .htaccess file in your images directory and put the following in it:

AuthUserFile /dev/null
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName RestrictImg
AuthType Basic

<Limit GET>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from yourdomain.com
</Limit>

This will deny any requests for images in that directly unless they come from
yourdomain

CDitty wrote:

> Hello all.  I have noticed people linking directly to the graphics on my
> site and using them on theirs.  I have tried emailing them and asking them
> to remove the links, but it does no good.
>
> Is there something that I can put in the .htaccess file that will only
> allow my server to use graphics?
>
> Thanks
>
> CDitty
>
> <tip>
> Want to use Eudora for your email but don't want to pay for it?
> Now you can!!  Eudora 4.3 now has multiple versions.  Paid mode and sponsor
> mode.
> All you give up is a little square in the bottom left corner of the screen.
>
> Check it out
> http://www.eudora.com
> </tip>

Jeremy Ashcraft