[thelist] cleaning up stats

Christopher Orth - HQ corth at casey.org
Mon Jul 3 12:09:56 CDT 2000

We leave in all information when we run reports.  Even the web team hitting
the server is a hit, right?  Good stuff to know about.  But to clarify, we
are a non profit organization and as such do not measure the success of our
web sites entirely on hits alone.  Due to the nature of our business we also
use other metrics.

If you do want to clean our some information though, the best place to do it
is at the report generation program.  I would want the server logs intact in
case you ever did want to go back and use the excess information for
whatever reason.