[thelist] image in <p> (was "random image...")

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Mon Jul 3 13:12:53 CDT 2000

>it's not, it just offers no contextual indicator whatsoever... a <p>
>at least says, "hey, i'm a paragraph, treat me like one,"

Does an image with a caption qualify as a paragraph?
What IS a paragraph, exactly?  Is it simply a block of related
concepts, be they text or image or both?

>while a <div> says "hey, i'ma  block-level element of a generic
>nature, i have no idea what purpose i serve, but the CSS will at
>least make me look pretty..."

"I'm a block-level element of a generic nature.
I'm just a block-level element of a generic nature...
and I'm sitting here on a pretty-looking web page... er..."

<tip type="greeking" author="erika">
I'm quite impressed by this "Web Economy Bullshit Generator:"
http://www.dack.com/web/bullshit.html
It seems like it would come in handy for greeking...
though I've seen a more than a few web sites that look like they've
been using it for content-creation as well.
</tip>

erika at seastorm.com
http://www.seastorm.com