[thelist] New TLD .eu

WapIndia wapindia at crosswinds.net
Thu Jul 6 10:11:41 CDT 2000

i think the guys in Brussels are doing very well.  The decision to remove
30-35 country domains would make the network much saner, and show europe as
united.  The only thing is that they should first allot .eu domains to
existing TM and SM owners, then allow others to pile on with their own
domains.

as far as conflicts in generic domains like xxx are concerned, they would do
well to hold a bid amongst the guys who own xxx.fr, xxx.se, xxx.de etc., for
the xxx.eu domain. the guy that pays most will get the .eu domain.

regards
kinjal