[thelist] webapp logic

Czechowski, Aaron aczechowski at towson.edu
Thu Jul 6 14:42:56 CDT 2000

	A guy I used to work with prided himself on the fact that he could
write a many-featured webapp in one page - he would obviously brag about the
lines of code, but also about how many physical files he needed to take care
of all the features.  The initial page would have a form (or something)
which would submit to ITSELF, which would process the data and output it.
All internal to one page or so.
	What do ya'll think about that?  Is there an advantage (process
speed, less connections, etc.) in having just one or two pages for
something, rather than having a multitude of pages, one for the initial
page, one for processing featureX, another for featureY, etc.?
	Obviously I'd save myself some trouble (maybe?) in having multiple
pages - the nested If-Else logic of a one-pager can be mind-boggling.

Aaron  :)

Aaron M. Czechowski, MCP
Senior Client Services Associate
Computing and Network Services