[thelist] SQL statement - What's wrong here?

Minh Lee Goon v7ac at sdsumus.sdstate.edu
Fri Jul 7 08:20:54 CDT 2000

Esteemed evolters,
OK... let me explain a little before I ask for your help. I'm creating
an authentication page for an online evaluation form for some of our
courses delivered over the Internet. The students select a course line
number from a drop-down list and enter their Colleague ID numbers into a
text box. If "Accessed" is 0, then they haven't accessed it before and
are forwarded to the evaluation page where the value of "Accessed" is
changed to 1. I'm trying to achieve this with this SQL statement within
<cfquery> but to no avail.

<cfquery datasource="Evaluation">
    UPDATE #url.LineNumber#
    SET    Accessed = '1'
    WHERE  ColleagueID = #url.ColleagueID#
</cfquery>

If you'd like to see the set up, http://137.216.120.208/itc but you'll
see the HTML since it's all CF. Nevertheless, CF debugging is on and you
may be able to tell me something I'm not seeing in the errors.

Thanks bunches.

</ml>