[thelist] re: co-branding architecture

Seth Bienek - Web Consultant sbienek at acep.org
Fri Jul 7 12:49:24 CDT 2000

Hi Alex,

You can set up a catch-all DNS entry, something like *.mydomain.com

Then use CF to include the appropriate content.  Here's a simple example
that insert a different header for different host names:

<cfswitch expression="#CGI.HTTP_HOST#">

  <!--- Use the appropriate header based on the value passed in HTTP_HOST
--->
  <cfcase value="beta.mydomain.com">
    <cfinclude template="/lib/headers/beta.cfm">
  </cfcase>

  <cfcase value="AffilliateX.mydomain.com">
    <cfinclude template="/lib/headers/AffilliateX.cfm">
  </cfcase>

  <cfcase value="AffilliateY.mydomain.com">
    <cfinclude template="/lib/headers/AffilliateY.cfm">
  </cfcase>

  <cfcase value="AffilliateZ.mydomain.com">
    <cfinclude template="/lib/headers/AffilliateZ.cfm">
  </cfcase>

  <!--- If the host name isn't one of the above affilliates, use the
standard header --->
  <cfdefaultcase>
    <cfinclude template="/lib/headers/mydomain.cfm">
  </cfdefaultcase>

</cfswitch>

I'm sure that's not exactly what you're trying to do, but hopefully it'll
get you on the right track.

Take Care,

Seth