[thelist] 2 ASP and IIS problems

Madhu Menon madhu_news at postmark.net
Fri Jul 7 13:20:22 CDT 2000

Scott Dexter wrote:

> > 2. Has anyone ever uninstalled Personal Web Server?  I can't seem to
> > find anything about uninstalling it.
>
> search MSDN for it, I'm sure its there

I'll save you the trouble. In Win 98:

Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
Click on the Windows Setup tab. Click on Internet Tools and click on
the "Details" button. If you installed PWS this way, you can uncheck
the Personal Web Server check box to remove it. If not, well... you
can check it, get it installed, and then uninstall it. Major problem,
I know (sigh).

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Webmaster, India.CNET.com