[thelist] Re: Whitey Must Pay > paypall

Julia Frizzell Julia_Frizzell at Brown.edu
Fri Jul 7 13:43:54 CDT 2000

At 6:51 PM +0100 7/7/00, Peter Van Dijck wrote:
>I've got some questions about Paypall and similar systems. It seems
>micro-payment systmens and such are finally slowly taking off, after
>a few false starts. Has anyone used any of these systems? I
>obviously worry about security and such, I only want to offer
>something to my visitors if it is very secure.

Back at some point (computer just crashed, lost the original email I
was writing, it's just not my day today), we had a discussion of
paypal on the list. At the time, jeff said that he recommended using
x.com since it was a real bank. Well, x.com bought paypal, so that
might have changed some things.

jeff? Any comments?

Sorry, I couldn't find the original thread in thelist archives since
they don't want to play with me today, being all pouty-like and
saying I can't get them. But I did find the messages in my own
archives, and they were from February of this year.

Julia Frizzell                        http://www.netspace.org/~glyneth
julia_frizzell at brown.edu                   http://www.theblackroad.org
glyneth at netspace.org                                      ICQ: 8458071
"If I had $1,000,000, I'd be rich."  Barenaked Ladies, $1,000,000