[thelist] Netscape Frame Column Sizes

Jeremy Keith jeremy at adactio.com
Fri Jul 7 17:17:35 CDT 2000

> IE, no problem, in Netscape, the 150 frame is smaller than 150 pixels!
> Anyone have any ideas?

AFAIK, Netscape only likes to work with percentages when it comes to
frames. If you give pixel values, Netscape will convert the values to
percentages, so a couple of pixels may well get lost when the value gets
rounded down/up. This also explains why it's off by a different ammount
of pixels depending on the browser window size.
I wish I could offer a workaround but I don't think there is one.

By the way, this is my firts post to the list so I'd just like to say
hello, everybody. Hello, everybody.

And now for my first tip.

<tip type="CSS" author="Jeremy Keith">
When defining font-families and you want Helvetica for Mac users and
Arial for windows, there's no need to define "font-family :
Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif"; windows automatically defaults Helvetica to
Arial, so "font-family: Helvetica,sans-serif" is enough.
</tip>

Jeremy K.
a d @ c t i o	http://adactio.com/