[thelist] As an infrequent poster

Jacob Stetser lists at icongarden.com
Sat Jul 8 13:20:58 CDT 2000

I feel your pain, but it amazes me that Outlook can't even handle an
email that is nothing but un-attached, no .vcf, plain-jane non-HTML
_text_. After all, the list won't allow anything else. I'm not sure
what he sent because I must have already deleted it, but Eudora
didn't blink.

(I use full-blown Outlook at work - corporate standard and all - and
I think I turned off HTML rendering in it.. I know I did when they
let me use Eudora at work.)

I'm preaching to the choir here, but the people who believe in HTML
email don't know what they're talking about. I use email because it's
compact, straightforward, simple. And it's fast - no graphics or
javascript effects to slow it down or be incompatible.

I like low-bandwidth. Maybe I'm a diehard ol' curmudgeon. :)

>but avid lurker, I would like to thank Brian T. for submitting something
>that has jammed up my MSIE Outlook Express with some noise that will not
>allow me to even access my old "Evolt" folder. I can't even delete the G-D
>thing, because every time I click on the folder, MSIE Outlook says I have
>committed an "illegal action" and shuts down.
>
>Color me frustrated. Am I the only one having this problem?
>
>btw, my website is www.hbchat.com but don't bother critiquing it. I know it
>is just simple-Simon HTML.
>
>Signed,
>
>Grumpy-Wannabe
>
>P.S. Brian T., if you get a moment... slap yourself for me. Thanks in
>advance.

icongarden.com
Making good ideas grow || http://icongarden.com/