[thelist] Links in CSS

Palyne Gaenir palyne at sciencehorizon.com
Sat Jul 8 17:29:02 CDT 2000

Hi Evoltians,

Well I've been having a lot of fun trying to get everything into a
stylesheet instead of a font tag lately, but I've run into a problem
I'm hoping someone can help me with.  I can set P and A classes, so
for example, I can make the font face/size different for navigation
(which is small and sans) than for the main page content (which is
larger and serif).  Problem is, when a link is in highlight, or has
been visited, it uses the regular definition, which of course is the
larger serif, which messes everything up in the nav.  Questions: (1)
Is there a way to define a custom class for a HOVER or a VISITED or
an ACTIVE link, as well as for a basic link?  How would I write this
into my stylesheet? and (2) How would I code this in the body, where
it seems like the multitude of link 'types' all in one tag would be
confusing...?

Best regards,
Palyne

--------