[thelist] Outlook action to Strip HTML (Was: Function to strip HTML in ASP)

Seth Bienek - Web Consultant sbienek at acep.org
Mon Jul 10 08:21:18 CDT 2000

I'm wondering if there is an action or function like this for MS outlook.

Company standards prevent me from choosing my e-mail app, so please save the
MS bashing (not that anyone on THIS list would stoop so low. :)

On a somewhat related note, I have run across an article that shows just how
to do strip an e-mail attachment in outlook at
http://vbsquare.com, and one that shows how to strip HTML at
http://freevbcode.com (both in VB).  Is it just a hop-skip-and-jump from
either (or a combination) of these scripts to a bona fide Outlook action?

For those not 'in the know', an Outlook action is kind of like a rule for
Outlook that you can write yourself using VBA.. Great extensibility tool..

VBSquare's Attachment Stripping Code:
http://www.vbsquare.com/internet/tip282.html

FreeVBCode.com's HTML-Stripping Code:
http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=110

Microsoft's Article on Extending Outlook:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/extendingol2k.htm

Faithfully yours,

Seth
The Village VB Idiot