[thelist] starting a website

Shoshannah Forbes xslf at xslf.com
Mon Jul 10 16:31:59 CDT 2000

From: "Theodore Serbinski" <need-4-speed-ski at erols.com>
> What do you do when you are first creating a design with a website?
> Do you just start with a raw html file and code away? Do you use
dreamweaver
> and just start moving things around until it looks pretty? Something else?

Here is what I do:
* Talk to the client and as a million questions, to get an idea about what
the hell I want to make.
* Fire up Photoshop and play in it until I get something I like and that the
client approves.
* Design the directory structure, what code elements I will use, what
includes I will use etc.
* Code away (with Dreamweaver and Homesite).

Hope this helps a little :)

---
Shoshannah Forbes  http://www.forbes.co.il
Moderator, Site builder forum, nana
http://forums.nana.co.il/forum.asp?id=17
My Backflip folders- the best sites on the 'net
http://www.backflip.com/members/xslf