[thelist] Electronic Domain Name Monitoring???

Warren warren at warrenworld.com
Tue Jul 11 14:36:56 CDT 2000

One of my clients just received a fax from Electronic Domain Name Monitoring
stating that someone has applied to register the .net version of their .com
domain name. It goes on to state that "they" feel it has been submitted in
bad faith and gives a list of reasons why including :

registering it for the purpose of selling, renting, etc the domain back to
my client

primarily to disrupt the business of a competitor (my client)

and a couple more generic reasons

EDNM wants my client to reply within 48 hours to oppose the registering of
the .net name and the reply gives them permission "on behalf of my client"
to secure the domain for the usual $35/year for a minimum of two years.

The domain name in question is a small ad agency and the name is the name of
the owner, ie. JohnDoe.com.

Sounds like a scam...has anyone else received this fax or heard of this
company.

I could make a copy of the fax available online  but it will be a scan of a
faxed fax so the quality will be pretty bad.

Thanks,
warren
wordsandpictures.com