[thelist] serverside javascript with ASP tutorial?

Potts, Douglas Douglas.Potts at dla.com
Wed Jul 12 03:09:53 CDT 2000

Hi,
I'd be interested in this too if you find anything. I've used JScript and
VBScript on the server, I prefer to use JSCript even though I've five years
VB experience. Apart from the obvious language differences (such as Dim
instead of var) the code looks almost the same when calling COM objects
which is the main work of asp. e.g. Response.Write does the same in both
languages. I have a friend who already knows JavaScript who'd like to learn
ASP, but not VB. So if you find any resources let me know.
 Many of the examples on MSDN are written in VBScript and JScript so it may
be worth looking there first.
Regards
Doug Potts