[thelist] Roping clients

Lauri Väin optima at hot.ee
Wed Jul 12 05:26:39 CDT 2000

Hello Dan,
I wouldn't really consider you my competition, i'm in Estonia and you're
good knows where, but I'm quite sure that you're far away from me. The
point is that there is a shortage of good web designers right now. There
is enough work for everybody, you just have to be enough visible to be
seen by potential clients.

I would recommend that you give your free sites to non-profit
organisations(ones which you really like). Build a great portfolio, make
a good impression everywhere you go, keep your head cool, be polite and
so on. The word will move from mouth to mouth and with any luck, you'll
get some clients, some will become many, many will become too many for
you to handle and so on.

BTW I'm sorry if I started a browser war with a post of mine, I didn't
mean to :-(   I really like winXX, mostly because of its ease-of-use.
Still, in case I'd be looking for a stabile browser, win wouldn't
probably be my first choice. I totally agree with those comments about
add-on software being buggy, it's true. I also think that win doesn't
come totally bug-free neither and having no crashes at all is a hard
thing to accomplish. Anyhow, it's just MHO.

Best wishes,
Lauri Väin
--
Lauri Väin
Your own .com .net .org domain name is the best