[thelist] [OT] Word 2000

kev.skindrill kev.skindrill at bigfoot.com
Wed Jul 12 16:16:04 CDT 2000

Apologies for the OT but I'm hoping there is one amongst you who can leap to
my assistance. I am attempting to drag my mum kicking & screaming into the
21st century by trying to convince her that she would be much better off
using Word 2000 to type her many letters (she does a lot of work for
charities & types several letters a week). After initially taking to it like
a fish to plasma she begun to realise that it was a vast improvement on her
typewriter. Flush with success she tried a solo mission while I was at work
and has buggered up the program completely! Somehow she has managed to lose
all the toolbars so that when you open Word all you get is a blank document.
According to the "help" files ( again, I use the term loosely) this is
"full-screen" mode and you get things back to normal by pressing Escape. No
joy!. I know if you lose your toolbars in Paint Shop Pro you can resize the
screen & they will appear again but this didn't work either. In a fit of
desperation I uninstalled Office completely & then re-loaded it but it
somehow kept all the old settings & still no toolbars.
Has anyone come across this problem before or know how to solve it? As this
is [OT} please e-mail me off list & help me restore family harmony.
TIA

kev.skindrill at bigfoot.com
www.skindrill.freeserve.co.uk