[thelist] IE4 (emulation) CSS font-family problem.

George Dillon george.dillon at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 06:54:56 CDT 2000

Using Apache to view .shtml locally, in IE4 *emulation mode* the CSS
font-family declaration is not being recognised.  (It works fine in
actual IE5, and in NN4).  Could someone with a *real* winIE4 kindly
check this for me?  It's on every page of my site (except the home
page), but this one seems to be popular:

http://www.georgedillon.com/web/freeware.shtml

All the fonts should be sans-serif (in the navbar I've also used
correct but the font faces are all reverting to browser default.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug in the emulated IE4?

Please cc me off-list (or use the contact page on my site) as I'm
currently indigestible.

TIA

George

george.dillon at ukonline.co.uk

BTW

An odd thing...  I've just found that using view source in the IE4(em)
loads my .shtml pages into Textpad renamed as .asp, (whereas IE5
removes the extension)... never done any asp myself, so where's that
come from then?