[thelist] Tip

kev.skindrill kev.skindrill at bigfoot.com
Thu Jul 13 15:36:11 CDT 2000

Ooh, ooh!
               Just posted my response to my last [OT] post feeling really
guilty that I didn't have a tip to offer up when this topical subject should
do it. I noticed with interest that the latest incarnation of Internet
Explorer has been released, as mentioned yesterday & today on the List. I
have been trying to get it but my copy of Download Accelerator keeps kicking
in to grab a file & the IE download keeps telling me that it can't find said
file. Finally sussed it, so here's my tip...

<tip author="K" subject="Download Accelerator">
If you are going to download the new IE 5.5 and you have Download
Accelerator installed on your machine, take this precaution first. Open the
program, click on Downloads>Options and make sure that the box marked
"Integrate into Windows Internet Explore" is unticked.
</tip>