[thelist] Embedding an MPG in MSIE

Minh Lee Goon v7ac at sdsumus.sdstate.edu
Thu Jul 13 16:15:42 CDT 2000

Hi there,
I have to help a client embed a .mpg file on his page. Apparently, it
can't be done with a simple link and needs to be embedded on the page.
<embed src="file.mpg"> works fine in NN, but not in MSIE. Has anyone
encountered this problem? More importantly, has anyone found a way
around it? Much appreciation in advance.

</ml>

<tip type="patch">
I just got my CF Enterprise Server and thought y'all might to know that
"there could exist a Year 2000 problem in Allaire ColdFusion 4.0.x and
4.5 Server Enterprise Editions (all languages) that may cause date
parameters via CFSTOREDPROC ... to incorrectly handle dates beginning
January 1, 2000 when used in conjuction with Oracle 7.3 and 8.x
databases." For the patch, http://www.allaire.com/y2k
</tip>