[thelist] SSI for navigation

Palyne Gaenir palyne at sciencehorizon.com
Sat Jul 15 15:31:56 CDT 2000

What would I need to do to learn PHP, what all software on my own
machine and on a server is required, and how long does it generally
take to become minimally proficient with it?  I hope this isn't too
general a question for this list... Palyne

On 15 Jul 2000, at 13:11, Peter Van Dijck wrote:
> But if you do have access to PHP, have a go at it. It has an
> extremely flat learning curve, and you'll never look back I can
> promise you. Especially once you get going with databases... I was
> never a programmer (really), but it just gives you so much power
> in building sites... Peter

<tip>
in PHP you can use includes as well. So if you have access to it there
really is no need to stick to xssi if you're learning.
</tip>