[thelist] urgent advice/help please

Neroli neroli at hotkey.net.au
Sat Jul 15 22:11:56 CDT 2000

Firstly, thank you all for the replies.
Sorry I have not responded before this but have been sick for a few days.
So far no luck but haven't tried all your great suggestions.
To answer some of your questions:
> bizarre problem, can you not see *any* files on the disc - not even
> 1k  ".cda" files?

yes I see 1 track that says cda file.

> are you reading it in a regular cdrom drive, or the cd writer?  whichever

I have tried both drives

> it's a cd, so obviously the data can't change (unless you're using a
> cd-writer as a reader..).  perhaps your OS drivers have gotten stuffed
> along the line. try using the cd in another machine, if available.

Tried in neighbours PC and it read as audio.

> and my last suggestion: if it's insisting it is audio, you could try
> "ripping" it using something like Audiograbber (for free at
> http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/)

will try this.

I notice now it "freezes" my puter until it has read the CD.
Then goes to audio.

Thank you to everyone for suggestions I am giving everything a try.
Sincere Regards Neroli