[thelist] mod_rewrite newbie

John McKenzie jmck at mac.com
Sun Jul 16 11:21:31 CDT 2000

hi all,

I'm hoping someone would like to help me get into some trouble with Apache.
I am an Apache know-nothing, but would like to use mod_rewrite to redirect
visitors to my web site if they are coming from a specific set of IP
addresses. In browsing my host's tech support docs, I see they support this
module for doing such things. My question is, is the rewriteCond I want to
include REMOTE_ADDR, REMOTE_HOST, or what? I am aware of the documentation
at http://www.apache.org/docs-1.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html, but it only helps so
much if you're an absolute 'nix/Apache newbie.

many thanks,

john mckenzie
http://www.proteaninteractive.com