[thelist] You are being Screwed Again!! - the head lemur speaks out

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Sun Jul 16 19:55:01 CDT 2000

>well, grammar, spelling, and punctuation aside (which is the
>hallmark of the joe-gone-reporter style of the web), it's not bad...

hey, if we waited until our stuff were perfect, we'd never publish
anything. I know I wouldn't.  I also know I have to let an article
"rest" for a few days before I can get enough distance to go back and
sort through typos and grammatical errors.  And then I'll still miss
stuff.

We should publish stuff.  The Grammar Police may be annoying, but
they are rarely dangerous.

Also, grammar & typos are something that we can help each other with.
I'll proofread your stuff if you proofread mine.  Like that.

-------

I like the bit: building webpages is easy / building webpages is hard.

I agree with aardvark that governments are not likely to comply with
Section 508 until forced. (yes, link it.)  I am really disappointed
with the current lack of support in State Government sites & don't
expect more from Fed sites.

I plan to Vote for Nader for US Prez, yet I'm totally embarrassed by
the HTML at votenadar.org.  Not that the other candidates have better
code... but I digress.

Regarding Opera vs Lynx as a "major browser"  -- maybe you meant to
say "graphical browser."

The rest I just thank you for writing.  I have also made the choice
to code to W3C standards (now that I've figured out how...).  The
question is: who is in charge of your life  --- YOU or MICROSOFT?
Are you free or are you an MS (or AOL, or whatever) slave?

Oh, and Alan.  Get a Mac.  You know you want to.

<tip type="grammar" author="erika">

its = possessive
it's = it is (contraction)

</tip>