[thelist] ICANN Election

Steve Cook sck at biljettpoolen.se
Tue Jul 18 03:12:36 CDT 2000

Certainly is interesting. I have taken the (slightly long and arduous) step
of signing up for ICANN at Large membership and will be supporting Alan as
much as I can. WARNING - I had a problem with the ICANN at Large membership
form and had to return another day to get my submission in. I have heard
similar complaints from others - especially after Slashdot posted the link.
Bear with it and register - this is an important chance to be involved with
an organisation who have an unprecedented amount of sway in what goes on
behind the Internet scenes.

When it comes to questions such as "Should we have new top level domains"
and "Who can register domain names", ICANN are the people that end up making
the decisions. They are a pretty dry and boring bunch, but they NEED our
input to help create an Internet that works! Let's try and help our Head
Lemur in his quest for power^H^H^H^H^H justice and stand behind him in the
coming elections.

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net