[thelist] Flash Genius (Was: Tremendously simple use of flash...)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 18 08:06:40 CDT 2000

his work is visually stunning...

however, i couldn't use his talents because i don't like to sit for 10 minutes on each page
waiting for navigation to download, draw itself, and then slowly animate the buttons across
the screen... if he had a little more UI experience (make some of the buttons clickable instead of
showing content only on the rollover, faster ways to get back to the navigation without having
to redraw everything, a 'back' button since you can't use the browser's, etc.), then i think he'd
be spectacular...

people forget that since Flash takes over your browser (by disabling the back/forward
buttons, by making the address bar useless, etc.), Flash developers have a responsibility to
offer a simple and intuitive UI that doesn't take an hour to learn... for experimental and art sites,
sure, but for the general site, no... after all, when you build a Flash site, you are building a
brand new UI for the web...