[thelist] Another question

Daniel McMurray mcmurd at ccaa.edu
Tue Jul 18 11:42:47 CDT 2000

I would first like to thank all of you who responded to my question last
week - the answers and advice given were very helpful.  I have another
question to ask, though.

Where do you get your information? (now that's not an open-ended
question at all...)
I'm referring to things like statistics (I'm not sure if it was this list,
but someone recently stated that 66% of people have the Flash
plugin....where does that info come from?)
Also, to whom do the gurus turn to for advice and help with Web design?
It's obvious that nearly all frequent posters to this list are rather
opinionated (I'm not saying it's a bad thing by any measure) about such
things, so what sort of sources do you turn to?  Along with this, given
the rate that things change on the Web, (ahh...that wonderful <font>
tag...it seems like only yesterday I was using it for everything....wait a
minute, it _was_ only yesterday....) books seem to be out of their
element - by the time the book is written, published, and shipped to
stores, everything in it is obsolete.  What sites are available for
up-to-date info regarding stats, design advice/info, and all things Web?

Thanks for your help!
Dan