[thelist] IIS4.0 / MMC dies after power failure.

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Tue Jul 18 20:06:30 CDT 2000

not as you describe... though it sounds like your IIS metabase got hosed.
Did you ever back up the metabase?

(are you cocking your head sideways saying, "arrrwooo?" --right click on the
computer's icon in the MMS tree, and backup/restore is in there)

I think you can just recreate the sites and you'll be okay. Also, there is a
1.2 version of the MMC. Go grab that and fire it up. When the MMC freezes on
me I head over to the Task Manager and 9 times outta 10 there's already an
mmc.exe running, and killing that gets me back in order.

hope this helps, lemme know if there's anything else I can try and figger

(oh yeah, get the mgmt to pony up for some sort of UPS, puhlease)

sgd
--
think safely