[thelist] Redirect Javascript

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 19 12:46:03 CDT 2000

> From: Madhu Menon <madhu at asiacontent.com>
>
> >But to actually redirect, I use ASP's Response.Redirect("url") which
> >works for all browsers.
>
> Actually, while it doesn't happen often, Netscape can often just throw
> up a message like "This object has moved here" with "here" being
> hyperlinked to the new URL.
>
> What Response.Redirect does is to send a "HTTP 302 object moved"
> header to the browser. I don't know why, but it sometimes doesn't work
> as planned.

i have found that IE will oven show the 'object moved' page with a
link to the redirect page...

this comes about if you have the HTTP protocol in your browser set
to 1.0 instead of 1.1...

as a result, i *try* to limit the response.redirect as much as
possible in my ASP pages, and am actively hankering for the new
transfer function in the win2k version of ASP...