[thelist] Good ASP Tutorials

Madhu Menon madhu at asiacontent.com
Thu Jul 20 11:12:48 CDT 2000

At 09:11 AM 7/20/00 -0500, you wrote:
>ANyone seen any good ASP(not Coldfusion) tutorials kicking around for the
>complete newbie? I have a couple of friends that would like to learn. Their
>programming experience is limited, bit of HTML and JavaScript. Server side
>JScript would be nicest.

You want ASP tutorials? Oh, there's plenty of them goin' around. However,
you'd be lucky to find many examples with Jscript instead of VBScript. Go
with VBScript. You'll find that most sites, all books, and experts
generally use VBScript. Of course, you could use Perlscript as well if you
wanted to...

It's off to the tutorials:

Here's a beginner lesson:

http://www.aspwatch.com/c/200012/d32E6DD39EC8F11D3AE6400A0C9E95208.asp AND

http://www.aspwatch.com/c/200013/d0A191E1FEAD611D3AE6400A0C9E95208.asp

You want more?

http://www.aspin.com/home/tutorial/myfirst (Plenty of links to beginner
tutorials here)

http://www.aspwatch.com/c/200018/dFE947F8B0D3211D4AE8C00A0C9E95208.asp

http://www.devdex.com/

http://www.aspin.com/home/tutorial

Hmmm... that should keep you busy for a while. Lemme know when you're ready
to move on to the advanced ones :)

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon