[thelist] Copying HTML from PC to Mac

Jen Worden jen at meadoworks.com
Thu Jul 20 13:05:57 CDT 2000

At 12:37 PM 7/20/00 -0400, aardvark wrote:
>except for the key factor of HTML - hyperlinks...

And this, of course, is exactly the problem. The files aren't readable
because the links still remain the way they were ie. Scrapbook.html became
SCRAPBO~1.HTM the browser looks for SCRAPBO~1.HTM (which of course isn't
there) and returns a 404 - or worse, images don't show - this being a
commemorative "Memories CD" rather important. :)

> and remember that PCs can't read or burn Mac-format
>disks, so you couldn't burn a Mac CD...

Point taken, aardvark, thanks! I do have access to a cranky old Mac and a
friend with a Mac CD burner so I *can* get around that - was hoping there
was a quicker solution as this Pro-bono effort has become the Pro-ject from
hell! ;)

cfn ... Jen
Jen Worden - Web Developer
meadoworks - http://www.meadoworks.com