[thelist] Are Web designers a dying breed?

John Snippe design at cybernautica.com
Fri Jul 21 08:46:27 CDT 2000

On 7/21/00,  regarding " Re: [thelist] Are Web designers a dying breed? ",

Scott Dexter wrote:

>> > You could also combine existing things in an odd way, like
>>
>> this is the bonus of not limiting yourself to one (or even two or three)
>> skill(s). Having a larger pool to draw from exponentially increases your
>> possibilities....

and Katherine Spice offered the following:

>and your awareness of those possibilities.  I may not know _how_ to
>solve a problem, but chances are I know where to start looking (or who
>to ask ;).
>
>It's like being able to see the bigger picture.....

In that regard... it has certainly been my experience that subscription to
lists such as this one (I am diligently reading 6 these days) has had a
marked effect on my efforts and abilities.  I guess that to a real degree I
have created for myself that 'larger pool' in this manner, and have often
come across concepts, and potential problems (solved befroe I even hit
them!) that impact the way I work.

I guess this is a 'Thanks', then!